JEAN PUIFORCAT (1897-1945)
"Etchea" tea & coffee service set by Puiforcat. France Circa 1986, Designed in 1928 and re-edited from 1986 to 1990.
This silver-plate and rosewood tea and coffee service set includes a teapot, coffee pot, sugar canister and creamer.
Each piece is impressed with the manufacturer’s mark: Puiforcat France and EP lozenge.
THE TRAY IN THIS SET IS INCLUDED
- Mobilier et Decoration, January 1938, P.100
- " Jean Puiforcat ", by Francoise de Bonneville,P.135
- " Jean Puiforcat Orfevre sculpteur ", by Rene Herbst
- " Art Deco " Finch College Museum of Art, October 14th to November 30th 1970
- Galleries, Cranbook Academy of Art, January 19th to February 28th 1971
This same model was part of the famous Alain Lesieutre Collection, the tea set and a large part of the whole collection was sold on auction in Paris on December 13th 1989.
The same model with a wooden tray was part of the Marcilhac collection, and sold on auction recently.
Price : Sold
Materials / Techniques: Silver-plate and Rosewood
Condition: Original condition. Minor wear consistent with age and use.
Coffee pot: H.5 1/2" x W.9"
Tea pot: H.4 3/8" x W.8 1/4"
Sugar pot: H.3 3/8" x W.5 3/4"
Creamer: H.3 1/2" x W.5 1/4"
Tray: H.1 1/2" x L.27 3/4" x W.15 3/4"