Morateur Gallery French furniture Los Angeles for Investors & Collectors.
In 1992, renowned French art critic Raphael Valensi discovered Philippe Morateur and wrote about him for Revenu Francais (a magazine dedicated to the stock market and investments). In his article, Valensi applauded Morateur for his unique eye in choosing art and antique items that were sound financial investments.
Over 20 years later, Christie’s auction house set a record that echoed Valensi’s words. A long-time client of Morateur, high end collector and owner of a museum, sold a rug at a record price for that artist: $237,433.00 a 1930’s Art Deco design by Fernand Leger. about three times more than the initial investment price with Morateur twelve years before.
Specializing in French Art Deco and rare XXth century furniture and decorative arts, Philippe Morateur, also founder of Docantic.com, brings over 25 years of his expertise in France to the heart of Los Angeles. Considered as an international Art Deco expert, Morateur has lent his expertise to auction houses, advised museums on their collections, and participated in prestigious Antique and Art shows.
Contributed to enhancing the following unique collections:
– French Government – Paris / France.
– French Authorities – Paris / France.
– Air & Space Museum – Le Bourget / France.
– Decorative Arts Museum – Paris / France.
– Bibliothèque Forney – Paris / France.
– Yves Saint Laurent Collection – Paris / France.
– Laurent Negro Collection – Chateau de Gourdon / France.
– Museum of Scripture – Theoule sur mer / France.
– Metropolitan Museum of Art – New York / USA.
– Cranbrook Art Museum – Jeanne and Ralph Graham Collections Fellow – Bloomfield Hills / USA.
Morateur Gallery carries only authentic, original pieces. Our current offerings include some of the most famous artists of the era:
ADNET-BACCARAT-BAGUES-CHARLES-COLIN-DA SILVA BRUHNS-FOUJITA-FRANK-GIACOMETTI-GUEDEN-HAGENAUER-HERMES-JALLOT-JANSEN-JOUVE-JUHL-LACHENAL-LALIQUE-LELEU-MATHIAS-NERI-NOLL-OLD-QUINET-PASCAUD-PICASSO-PONTI-POILLERAT-PRINTZ-PROUVE-PUIFORCAT-RATEAU-ROYERE-RUHLMANN-SABINO-SPADE, VOLTI, WEGNER.
The gallery is located in the La Cienega Design Quarter, between Santa Monica Boulevard and Melrose Place.
Let us know if you are looking for a particular piece, since only part of our inventory is featured here on our website.